US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St pares losses as tech shares advance
NEW YORK, July 3
NEW YORK, July 3 (Reuters) - Wall Street pared losses on Wednesday with the Dow industrials and Nasdaq Composite briefly in positive territory as technology and consumer stocks offset declines in bank shares.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 1.58 points or 0.01 percent, to 14,930.83, the S&P 500 lost 4.78 points or 0.3 percent, to 1,609.3 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.06 point to 3,433.33.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea