CORRECTED-Toyota says to recall 185,000 cars globally, including Yaris
(Corrects spelling of vehicle in second paragraph to Ractis, not Lactis)
TOKYO, July 3 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said it is recalling around 185,000 vehicles globally including the Yaris compact due to a glitch in the electric power steering system, which could make the steering heavier.
Yaris models, known as the Vitz in Japan, made between November 2010 to March 2012 have been recalled. Toyota said it is also recalling the Verso-S, known as the Ractis in Japan, manufactured from August 2010 to August 2011.
The world's best selling carmaker is recalling around 130,000 vehicles in Japan, some 7,050 vehicles in Germany and about 7,000 vehicles in France, as well as in several other countries.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources