Vale says obtained license to build Serra Sul mine in Brazil
RIO DE JANEIRO, July 3
RIO DE JANEIRO, July 3 (Reuters) - Vale SA, the world's largest iron ore miner, received a license from Brazil's Environmental Protection Agency for its $19.5 billion Serra Sul mine, CEO Murilo Ferreira said on Wednesday, adding that operations should begin in 2016.
Vale's shares trimmed losses after the announcement but still closed 0.9 percent lower at 25.86 reais.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel