Bharti Airtel raises stake in Qualcomm's India broadband venture
NEW DELHI, July 4
NEW DELHI, July 4 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's largest telecommunications carrier, has raised its stake to 51 percent in a wireless broadband venture founded by Qualcomm Inc, the Indian company said on Thursday.
Bharti Airtel, which last year agreed to buy a 49 percent stake in Qualcomm's India 4G broadband venture, did not say how much it paid for the additional 2 percent stake.
Bharti Airtel said the four separate entities that are part of the broadband venture have become its subsidiaries after the stake increase.
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |