Egypt bourse suspends trade after index leaps 6.4 pct
CAIRO, July 4
CAIRO, July 4 (Reuters) - The Egyptian bourse suspended trade minutes after the opening on Thursday after the main index leapt 6.4 percent, buoyed by hopes for economic and political stability after Wednesday's takeover of the country by the army.
A jump in share prices by more than 5 percent triggers a half-hour suspension.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data