BOJ raises economic view for 8 of 9 regions in Japan
TOKYO, July 4
TOKYO, July 4 (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan on Thursday raised its assessment of eight of Japan's nine regional economies compared with three months ago, a sign the positive effects of the government's reflationary policies are spreading.
"Many regions said the economy is picking up on robust domestic demand backed by improvements in household and business sentiment, as well as a pick up in overseas demand," the central bank said in a quarterly report issued at a meeting of its regional branch managers on Thursday.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls