European stock index futures signal higher open
LONDON, July 4
LONDON, July 4 (Reuters) - European stock futures pointed to a higher open on Thursday, tracking stronger U.S. and Asian shares, although gains were seen capped by the political turmoil in Portugal and Egypt.
At 0601 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50, Britain's FTSE 100, Germany's DAX and France's CAC were 0.5 to 0.7 percent higher.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls