Samsung Electric estimates Q2 profit at record high, misses forecast
SEOUL, July 5
SEOUL, July 5 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated its April-June operating profit rose 47 percent to a record 9.5 trillion won ($8.3 billion), lifted by the late April launch of its flagship Galaxy S4 smartphones.
The guidance - released ahead of full quarterly results due by July 26 - was worse than an average forecast of 10.16 trillion won by 43 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Samsung estimated its second-quarter sales at 57 trillion won, versus a market forecast for 58.7 trillion won.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |