Telecom Italia Media sells 51 pct of MTV Italia to Viacom
MILAN, July 4
MILAN, July 4 (Reuters) - Italian television company Telecom Italia Media said on Thursday it signed an agreement to sell 51 percent of music channel MTV Italia to Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc.
The Italian broadcaster, controlled by telecoms group Telecom Italia, will receive 10 million euros for the stake in MTV Italia.
Telecom Italia Media will waive 9.7 million euros ($12.58 million) in financial receivables from MTV Italia, Telecom Italia Media said in a statement.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |