Egypt's Mansour takes oath as head of top court
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Egyptian judge who is due to be sworn in as interim president on Thursday took his oath of office as head of the constitutional court.
Adli Mansour, who will replace Mohamed Mursi as president, had yet to be sworn in as head of the Supreme Constitutional Court. He will become head of state under an army transition plan.
(Writing by Tom Perry/Asma Alsharif; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source