Egypt's Mansour takes oath as head of top court
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Egyptian judge who is due to be sworn in as interim president on Thursday took his oath of office as head of the constitutional court.
Adli Mansour, who will replace Mohamed Mursi as president, had yet to be sworn in as head of the Supreme Constitutional Court. He will become head of state under an army transition plan.
(Writing by Tom Perry/Asma Alsharif; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China