Egypt's Mansour takes oath as head of top court
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Egyptian judge who is due to be sworn in as interim president on Thursday took his oath of office as head of the constitutional court.
Adli Mansour, who will replace Mohamed Mursi as president, had yet to be sworn in as head of the Supreme Constitutional Court. He will become head of state under an army transition plan.
(Writing by Tom Perry/Asma Alsharif; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls