US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St pares gains, indexes briefly fall
NEW YORK, July 5
NEW YORK, July 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell briefly at midmorning on Friday, paring most gains from June payrolls data that came in much stronger than expected.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 3.99 points, or 0.03 percent, at 14,992.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.80 points, or 0.11 percent, at 1,617.21. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 3.43 points, or 0.10 percent, at 3,447.10.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone