US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St pares gains, indexes briefly fall
NEW YORK, July 5
NEW YORK, July 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell briefly at midmorning on Friday, paring most gains from June payrolls data that came in much stronger than expected.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 3.99 points, or 0.03 percent, at 14,992.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.80 points, or 0.11 percent, at 1,617.21. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 3.43 points, or 0.10 percent, at 3,447.10.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |