Brazil's grupo Rede creditors approve Energisa takeover plan
SAO PAULO, July 5
SAO PAULO, July 5 (Reuters) - Creditors of Grupo Rede Energia SA, the Brazilian power distribution group seeking to emerge from bankruptcy protection, approved a recovery plan and a takeover bid by Energisa SA in a ballot on Friday.
The plan still has to be submitted to the bankruptcy court handling the Rede Energia case to win final approval.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter