Brazil's grupo Rede creditors approve Energisa takeover plan
SAO PAULO, July 5
SAO PAULO, July 5 (Reuters) - Creditors of Grupo Rede Energia SA, the Brazilian power distribution group seeking to emerge from bankruptcy protection, approved a recovery plan and a takeover bid by Energisa SA in a ballot on Friday.
The plan still has to be submitted to the bankruptcy court handling the Rede Energia case to win final approval.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |