STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Abril Educação announces second buyout this week
Abril Educação SA, a Brazilian learning systems company, will buy an education group in the northern city of Recife for 103 million reais ($45.56 million), delving deeper into the primary education business, it said on Friday.
On Thursday Abril announced the purchase of Brasilia-based Centro Educacional Sigma for 130 million reais. A wave of buyouts is sweeping the country's education sector.
($1 = 2.26 Brazilian reais)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York