STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Abril Educação announces second buyout this week
Abril Educação SA, a Brazilian learning systems company, will buy an education group in the northern city of Recife for 103 million reais ($45.56 million), delving deeper into the primary education business, it said on Friday.
On Thursday Abril announced the purchase of Brasilia-based Centro Educacional Sigma for 130 million reais. A wave of buyouts is sweeping the country's education sector.
($1 = 2.26 Brazilian reais)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |