Islamist coalition calls for protests across Egypt on Sunday
CAIRO (Reuters) - An Islamist coalition led by the Muslim Brotherhood called on people to protest across Egypt on Sunday against the military overthrow of elected President Mohamed Mursi.
The National Coalition in Support of Legitimacy issued the statement on Saturday, a day after dozens of people were killed as Islamists opposed to Mursi's overthrow took to the streets to vent their fury at what they say was a military coup.
(Reporting by Maggie Fick; writing by Mike Collett-White, Editing by Sarah McFarlane)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand