White House: no comment on Venezuela's asylum offer to Snowden
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Friday declined comment on an offer of asylum for former U.S. spy contractor Edward Snowden from Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, referring questions on the matter to the U.S. Justice Department.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'