Saudi dairy firm Almarai Q2 profit rises 4.9 pct
RIYADH, July 7
RIYADH, July 7 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian dairy company Almarai said on Sunday its second-quarter net profit rose 4.9 percent to 398.2 million riyals ($106.2 million), narrowly missing analyst forecasts.
The company, the largest dairy producer in the Gulf, attributed the rise in net income to continued growth in its core business, which also includes juice and bakery products.
Nine analysts polled by Reuters had forecast on average that Almarai would record net profit of 403 million riyals in the quarter. (Reporting By Angus McDowall; Editing by Dinesh Nair)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Ice storms, snowfall, rain hinders holiday travel across U.S.