Egyptian security forces raid Al Jazeera's Cairo office: Al Jazeera
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Qatari-owned media company Al Jazeera reported on Sunday that Egyptian security forces had raided its Cairo office.
But a Reuters cameraman outside the office in the centre of the city said he saw no sign of a raid.
A spokesman for the channel in Doha said that its Cairo bureau chief was taken in for questioning on Sunday, but had been released. He said he was not aware of any raid.
(Reporting By Maggie Fick; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |