Egyptian security forces raid Al Jazeera's Cairo office: Al Jazeera
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Qatari-owned media company Al Jazeera reported on Sunday that Egyptian security forces had raided its Cairo office.
But a Reuters cameraman outside the office in the centre of the city said he saw no sign of a raid.
A spokesman for the channel in Doha said that its Cairo bureau chief was taken in for questioning on Sunday, but had been released. He said he was not aware of any raid.
(Reporting By Maggie Fick; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel