Alcoa reports larger net loss as restructuring costs weigh
TORONTO, July 8
TORONTO, July 8 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc reported a larger second-quarter net loss on Monday, largely due to restructuring costs and a legacy legal matter.
The company said its net loss in the quarter ended June 30 was $119 million, or 11 cents per share. That compares with a loss of $2 million, or break-even per share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, the company reported earnings of $76 million, or 7 cents a share.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking