Alcoa reports larger net loss as restructuring costs weigh
TORONTO, July 8
TORONTO, July 8 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc reported a larger second-quarter net loss on Monday, largely due to restructuring costs and a legacy legal matter.
The company said its net loss in the quarter ended June 30 was $119 million, or 11 cents per share. That compares with a loss of $2 million, or break-even per share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, the company reported earnings of $76 million, or 7 cents a share.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll