Euro zone growth divergence to last some time-Nowotny
VIENNA, July 8
VIENNA, July 8 (Reuters) - Divergences in the euro zone that show some countries like Austria clearly growing, but others contracting, show no sign of going away, European Central Bank Governing Council member Ewald Nowotny said.
He said this was reason for not changing policy prematurely.
"I'm afraid this will last some time and means one cannot depart from the strategy too early," he told reporters.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia