Euro zone growth divergence to last some time-Nowotny
VIENNA, July 8
VIENNA, July 8 (Reuters) - Divergences in the euro zone that show some countries like Austria clearly growing, but others contracting, show no sign of going away, European Central Bank Governing Council member Ewald Nowotny said.
He said this was reason for not changing policy prematurely.
"I'm afraid this will last some time and means one cannot depart from the strategy too early," he told reporters.
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit |
- Ukraine government resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Ukraine president calls for new anti-rebel offensive as crisis deal falters |
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |