Euro zone growth divergence to last some time-Nowotny
VIENNA, July 8
VIENNA, July 8 (Reuters) - Divergences in the euro zone that show some countries like Austria clearly growing, but others contracting, show no sign of going away, European Central Bank Governing Council member Ewald Nowotny said.
He said this was reason for not changing policy prematurely.
"I'm afraid this will last some time and means one cannot depart from the strategy too early," he told reporters.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data