Eurogroup chief- any Greek financing gap would come late 2014
BRUSSELS, July 8
BRUSSELS, July 8 (Reuters) - Any shortfall in Greece's financial backing would only occur at the end of 2014, the head of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers said on Monday.
"In the foreseeable future, there is no financing gap," Jeroen Dijsselbloem, Dutch Finance Minister, told journalists after a meeting of euro zone ministers that he chaired.
"If there is a financing gap, it would be at the end of 2014, which will allow us plenty of time to deal with it."
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet