Telespazio wins 216 mln euro contract for EGNOS satellite programme
MILAN, July 8
MILAN, July 8 (Reuters) - Telespazio, a joint venture between Italy's Finmeccanica and France's Thales , has won a contract worth 216 million euros ($278 million) for the EGNOS satellite programme, Finmeccanica said on Monday.
Under the eight-year deal, Telespazio will be responsible for maintenance and network services among EGNOS sites in Europe, the Italian group added in a statement.
Finmeccanica owns 67 percent of Telespazio and its French partner holds the remainder. ($1 = 0.7773 euros) (Reporting by Danilo Masoni)
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software