Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 8 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Monday:
* Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is in talks to buy the Bakrie family's 23.8 percent stake in Indonesia-focused coal miner Bumi Plc, a report on Sunday said.
* Singapore state investor Temasek has not approached the British government about buying a 4.5 billion pound ($6.70 billion) stake in part-nationalised Lloyds Banking Group, industry sources told Reuters on Sunday.
* Canada's two biggest pension funds are separately looking for partners to potentially bid on Rio Tinto's stake in Iron Ore Company of Canada, the Wall Street Journal said on Friday, citing two people familiar with the matter.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls