Seoul shares open lower weighed by Asiana, Samsung Elec
SEOUL, July 8
SEOUL, July 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Monday as Asiana Airlines Inc's stock tumbled after the crash of one of its airliners in San Francisco, while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd continued to be weighed by a disappointing set of earnings estimates released last week.
Asiana Airlines shares were down 7.4 percent, and Samsung Electronics traded 1.8 percent lower as of 004 GMT.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 1,827.90 points. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran