Seoul shares open lower weighed by Asiana, Samsung Elec
SEOUL, July 8
SEOUL, July 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Monday as Asiana Airlines Inc's stock tumbled after the crash of one of its airliners in San Francisco, while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd continued to be weighed by a disappointing set of earnings estimates released last week.
Asiana Airlines shares were down 7.4 percent, and Samsung Electronics traded 1.8 percent lower as of 004 GMT.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 1,827.90 points. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source