Seoul shares open lower weighed by Asiana, Samsung Elec
SEOUL, July 8
SEOUL, July 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Monday as Asiana Airlines Inc's stock tumbled after the crash of one of its airliners in San Francisco, while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd continued to be weighed by a disappointing set of earnings estimates released last week.
Asiana Airlines shares were down 7.4 percent, and Samsung Electronics traded 1.8 percent lower as of 004 GMT.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 1,827.90 points. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command