Seoul shares open lower weighed by Asiana, Samsung Elec
SEOUL, July 8
SEOUL, July 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Monday as Asiana Airlines Inc's stock tumbled after the crash of one of its airliners in San Francisco, while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd continued to be weighed by a disappointing set of earnings estimates released last week.
Asiana Airlines shares were down 7.4 percent, and Samsung Electronics traded 1.8 percent lower as of 004 GMT.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 1,827.90 points. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine