Seoul shares open lower weighed by Asiana, Samsung Elec
SEOUL, July 8
SEOUL, July 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Monday as Asiana Airlines Inc's stock tumbled after the crash of one of its airliners in San Francisco, while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd continued to be weighed by a disappointing set of earnings estimates released last week.
Asiana Airlines shares were down 7.4 percent, and Samsung Electronics traded 1.8 percent lower as of 004 GMT.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 1,827.90 points. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |