TPG to buy TSL Education for 400 mln stg - sources
LONDON, July 8
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm TPG is buying TSL Education, publisher of the Times Educational Supplement, from European private equity firm Charterhouse in a deal worth 400 million pounds ($595.30 million), two sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Charterhouse has owned TSL, which claims to have the largest network of teachers in the world, since 2007. TPG and Charterhouse both declined to comment.
The deal, first reported by Sky News, is set to be announced later on Monday.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane