Former PM Fischer to be new Czech finance minister
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok has chosen economist Jan Fischer to be the new finance minister, Rusnok said on Monday.
Fischer, 62, was the central European country's caretaker prime minister in 2009-2010 and unsuccessfully ran in a presidential election in January this year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Jan Lopatka)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media