Former PM Fischer to be new Czech finance minister
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok has chosen economist Jan Fischer to be the new finance minister, Rusnok said on Monday.
Fischer, 62, was the central European country's caretaker prime minister in 2009-2010 and unsuccessfully ran in a presidential election in January this year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Jan Lopatka)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |