Former PM Fischer to be new Czech finance minister
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok has chosen economist Jan Fischer to be the new finance minister, Rusnok said on Monday.
Fischer, 62, was the central European country's caretaker prime minister in 2009-2010 and unsuccessfully ran in a presidential election in January this year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Jan Lopatka)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |