Former PM Fischer to be new Czech finance minister
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok has chosen economist Jan Fischer to be the new finance minister, Rusnok said on Monday.
Fischer, 62, was the central European country's caretaker prime minister in 2009-2010 and unsuccessfully ran in a presidential election in January this year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Jan Lopatka)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl