Japan's SoftBank says expects to complete Sprint deal on July 10
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Corp said on Monday that it expects to complete its $21.6 billion acquisition of U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp on Wednesday, July 10.
SoftBank and Sprint received final regulatory approval for their deal from the Federal Communications Commission last week.
The Japanese company said it expects the deal to close on Wednesday, U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
(Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video