Japan's SoftBank says expects to complete Sprint deal on July 10
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Corp said on Monday that it expects to complete its $21.6 billion acquisition of U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp on Wednesday, July 10.
SoftBank and Sprint received final regulatory approval for their deal from the Federal Communications Commission last week.
The Japanese company said it expects the deal to close on Wednesday, U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
(Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia