Death toll in Quebec train disaster rises to 13: police
LAC-MEGANTIC, Quebec (Reuters) - Canadian police said on Monday the death toll in a Quebec crude oil train disaster had risen to 13 after eight more bodies were found during the day.
Police said they estimated a total of around 50 people were either dead or missing after the gigantic blast destroyed dozens of buildings in the center of Lac-Megantic early on Saturday. Previously they had said the number of missing was 40.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions