Death toll in Quebec train disaster rises to 13: police
LAC-MEGANTIC, Quebec (Reuters) - Canadian police said on Monday the death toll in a Quebec crude oil train disaster had risen to 13 after eight more bodies were found during the day.
Police said they estimated a total of around 50 people were either dead or missing after the gigantic blast destroyed dozens of buildings in the center of Lac-Megantic early on Saturday. Previously they had said the number of missing was 40.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Traveler from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. |