PRESS DIGEST - China - July 9
SHANGHAI, July 9
SHANGHAI, July 9 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Tuesday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- The China Securities Regulatory Commission will hand over the accounting working papers for an overseas-listed Chinese company to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the first exchange of this kind, following the SEC's probe into the Big Four's accounting practices in China.
- A rising number of milk powder makers retailing in China, such as Zhejiang Beingmate Scientific Technology Industry and Trade Co Ltd and Royal FrieslandCampina, are cutting their prices after the National Development and Reform Commission started anti-monopoly investigations earlier this month.
- In preparation for the upcoming two-day fifth strategic and economic dialogue between China and the United States, Washington should discard its outdated perception that a head-on conflict between the two countries is inevitable and that Beijing is a rival and target for containment, according to an editorial.
- China's first subordinated bond issued by brokerages was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Monday.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official