Indonesian shares fall, Malaysian shares edge higher
July 9 (Reuters) - Indonesia's benchmark stock index closed down 0.7 percent at 4,403.80 as property shares fell on worries the parliament might cut government spending.
Malaysia's main index ended up 0.2 percent at 1,766.49 as banking shares such as Malayan Banking Bhd rebounded from the previous session's losses. (Reporting by Viparat Jantraprap; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |