South Africa's Mandela remains in 'critical but stable' condition
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's anti-apartheid hero and former president Nelson Mandela remained in a "critical but stable" condition after being in hospital for more than four weeks to treat a lung infection, the government said on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; Editing by Jon Herskovitz)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |