Obama has not decided post-2014 Afghanistan troop levels: Pentagon
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has not yet decided how many troops to keep in Afghanistan after 2014, but a total pullout is one of the options under consideration, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.
Pentagon spokesman George Little, in a news briefing, declined comment on whether Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel supported keeping U.S. forces in Afghanistan after 2014, saying he would not disclose Hagel's private recommendations to Obama.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest