Fiat pursues settlement with VEBA, unaware of court deadline
GENEVA, July 10
GENEVA, July 10 (Reuters) - Fiat's chief executive said on Wednesday he was pursuing talks to reach an out-of-court settlement with Chrysler minority owner VEBA and that he was unaware that a court ruling would take place before the end of July.
"There is always a chance for an out-of-court settlement," Sergio Marchionne said on the sidelines of an SGS shareholders' meeting.
"I spoke to counsel last night and they are not aware of a July 30 deadline," he added, referring to a Delaware court ruling on the valuation of a Chrysler stake.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message