Fiat pursues settlement with VEBA, unaware of court deadline
GENEVA, July 10
GENEVA, July 10 (Reuters) - Fiat's chief executive said on Wednesday he was pursuing talks to reach an out-of-court settlement with Chrysler minority owner VEBA and that he was unaware that a court ruling would take place before the end of July.
"There is always a chance for an out-of-court settlement," Sergio Marchionne said on the sidelines of an SGS shareholders' meeting.
"I spoke to counsel last night and they are not aware of a July 30 deadline," he added, referring to a Delaware court ruling on the valuation of a Chrysler stake.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |