KKR raises $6 billion in new Asia fund, region's largest
HONG KONG, July 10
HONG KONG, July 10 (Reuters) - KKR & Co has raised $6 billion in a new Asia private equity fund, making it the region's biggest buyout fund, the U.S.-based firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
The Asian II Fund marks KKR's third private equity fund-raising in the region, following a $4 billion fund raised in 2007 and a $1 billion China Growth Fund in 2010, the statement added.
KKR has invested more than $5 billion in Asia since 2005.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |