KKR raises $6 billion in new Asia fund, region's largest
HONG KONG, July 10
HONG KONG, July 10 (Reuters) - KKR & Co has raised $6 billion in a new Asia private equity fund, making it the region's biggest buyout fund, the U.S.-based firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
The Asian II Fund marks KKR's third private equity fund-raising in the region, following a $4 billion fund raised in 2007 and a $1 billion China Growth Fund in 2010, the statement added.
KKR has invested more than $5 billion in Asia since 2005.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand