Sodexo says Q3 sales up 2.3 pct, keeps full-year revenue target
PARIS, July 10
PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - French catering-to-vouchers group Sodexo SA said it expects full-year revenue growth to range between 1-2 percent as previously forecast after solid demand in Latin America and Europe slightly lifted third-quarter sales.
The world's No.2 catering services company after Britain's Compass Group said on Wednesday operating profits for the year were likely to remain flat in view of a difficult economic climate in Europe.
Nine-month like-for-like sales rose 2.3 percent, marking a slight acceleration from 2.1 percent growth in the first-half.
Sodexo, which manages canteens and facilities for office workers, the armed forces, schools and prisons, and provides vouchers for meals and gifts, posted sales of 14.219 billion euros in the nine-months to May 31.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow