Egypt's interim cabinet to be formed next week: PM
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's transitional cabinet is expected to be formed by early next week, interim prime minister Hazem el-Beblawi told Reuters on Wednesday.
"The talks are still ongoing with different candidates and I expect we will finalize the formation of the cabinet by early next week," Beblawi said, adding that he had not yet picked a finance minister.
Beblawi, an economist and former finance minister, was named interim prime minister on Tuesday to lead Egypt's army-backed transitional government after the ouster of elected President Mohamed Mursi by the military last week following mass protests.
(Writing by Yasmine Saleh, Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran