Egypt's interim cabinet to be formed next week: PM
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's transitional cabinet is expected to be formed by early next week, interim prime minister Hazem el-Beblawi told Reuters on Wednesday.
"The talks are still ongoing with different candidates and I expect we will finalize the formation of the cabinet by early next week," Beblawi said, adding that he had not yet picked a finance minister.
Beblawi, an economist and former finance minister, was named interim prime minister on Tuesday to lead Egypt's army-backed transitional government after the ouster of elected President Mohamed Mursi by the military last week following mass protests.
(Writing by Yasmine Saleh, Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source