Luxembourg PM says will propose to hold early election
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Luxembourg Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker said on Wednesday he will propose to hold an early election.
The euro zone country hold a snap poll after the junior coalition partner in Juncker's government said he should take political responsibility for failing to curb abuse of power by the secret service
Luxembourg's parliament on Wednesday reviewed a report it commissioned on the security agency's illegal bugging of politicians, purchase of cars for private use and allegations it took payments and favours in exchange for access to local officials.
(Reporting by Michele Sinner, Writing by Martin Santa)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |