Batista's Brazilian shipbuilding arm OSX shakes up board
OSX Brasil, the shipbuilding unit of Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista's crumbling empire, said in a market filing on Thursday that four board members will be stepping down.
The company will hold an extraordinary general assembly to find board replacements for Rodolpho Tourinho Neto, Luiz do Amaral de França Pereira, Samir Zraick and Eliezer Batista da Silva, who will be leaving. No reason was given for the board resignations.
Markets have punished the publicly traded shares of Batista's companies, involved in shipbuilding, port building, mining, oil and gas exploration and energy generation, after they posted repeatedly disappointing results over the past year.
A similar board shakeup at Batista's troubled flagship OGX Petroleo e Gas SA occurred on July 10 after the company failed to deliver on promised oil production.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor