UK's Osborne says recovery still needs central bank support
LONDON, July 11
LONDON, July 11 (Reuters) - British finance minister George Osborne said on Thursday that economic recovery depended on continued stimulus from central banks.
"Monetary activism is what has been doing the heavy lifting," he told reporters, adding that weaker data from China and financial market volatility due to the expected scaling down of U.S. Federal Reserve monetary stimulus were evidence of how economic recovery in Britain and abroad relied on such support.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM