Chicago gasoline differentials up on refinery unit outage
HOUSTON, July 11
HOUSTON, July 11 (Reuters) - Chicago CBOB differentials on Thursday surged by 7.50 cents per gallon to a 4.00-cent premium to August RBOB futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange on news that a crude distillation unit at BP Plc's 405,000 barrels-per-day refinery in Whiting, Indiana, traders said.
Chicago CBOB had been rising throughout the week from an 11.00-cent discount to August NYMEX RBOB last Friday. The outage of the second-largest of three CDUs at the Whiting refinery further boosted an earlier gain of 3.50 cents per gallon.
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Global stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |