Chicago gasoline differentials up on refinery unit outage
HOUSTON, July 11
HOUSTON, July 11 (Reuters) - Chicago CBOB differentials on Thursday surged by 7.50 cents per gallon to a 4.00-cent premium to August RBOB futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange on news that a crude distillation unit at BP Plc's 405,000 barrels-per-day refinery in Whiting, Indiana, traders said.
Chicago CBOB had been rising throughout the week from an 11.00-cent discount to August NYMEX RBOB last Friday. The outage of the second-largest of three CDUs at the Whiting refinery further boosted an earlier gain of 3.50 cents per gallon.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions