Obama orders review of U.S. aid to Egypt, Pentagon says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of U.S. assistance to Egypt's government, the Pentagon said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Given the events of last week, the President has directed relevant departments and agencies to review our assistance to the government of Egypt," the Pentagon statement said, without explicitly referring to last week's military-backed overthrow of Egypt's president.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |