Obama orders review of U.S. aid to Egypt, Pentagon says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of U.S. assistance to Egypt's government, the Pentagon said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Given the events of last week, the President has directed relevant departments and agencies to review our assistance to the government of Egypt," the Pentagon statement said, without explicitly referring to last week's military-backed overthrow of Egypt's president.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |