Obama orders review of U.S. aid to Egypt, Pentagon says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of U.S. assistance to Egypt's government, the Pentagon said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Given the events of last week, the President has directed relevant departments and agencies to review our assistance to the government of Egypt," the Pentagon statement said, without explicitly referring to last week's military-backed overthrow of Egypt's president.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
BOSTON, ONE YEAR LATER
A year after twin bombings shook the finish line of the Boston Marathon, a look back at an event that altered the city forever. Video