Obama orders review of U.S. aid to Egypt, Pentagon says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of U.S. assistance to Egypt's government, the Pentagon said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Given the events of last week, the President has directed relevant departments and agencies to review our assistance to the government of Egypt," the Pentagon statement said, without explicitly referring to last week's military-backed overthrow of Egypt's president.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’