Obama orders review of U.S. aid to Egypt, Pentagon says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered a review of U.S. assistance to Egypt's government, the Pentagon said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Given the events of last week, the President has directed relevant departments and agencies to review our assistance to the government of Egypt," the Pentagon statement said, without explicitly referring to last week's military-backed overthrow of Egypt's president.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |