Plane on fire at Heathrow airport was Boeing Dreamliner-TV
LONDON, July 12
LONDON, July 12 (Reuters) - A plane that caught fire at Britain's Heathrow airport was a Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet operated by Ethiopian Airlines, footage on Britain's Sky News channel showed.
The new, lightweight jet suffered a series of battery fires earlier this year, leading the plane to be grounded for several weeks until Boeing came up with a satisfactory fix.
Boeing shares were down 5 percent in New York.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections