Plane on fire at Heathrow airport was Boeing Dreamliner-TV
LONDON, July 12
LONDON, July 12 (Reuters) - A plane that caught fire at Britain's Heathrow airport was a Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet operated by Ethiopian Airlines, footage on Britain's Sky News channel showed.
The new, lightweight jet suffered a series of battery fires earlier this year, leading the plane to be grounded for several weeks until Boeing came up with a satisfactory fix.
Boeing shares were down 5 percent in New York.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades