Centrica to buy Texan online energy retailer Bounce Energy
LONDON, July 12
LONDON, July 12 (Reuters) - Britain's Centrica said on Friday it was buying Texas-based electricity retailer Bounce Energy for $46 million, giving it a new online platform to help grow its North American customer base.
Privately held Bounce has more than 80,000 residential customers, predominantly in Texas, and has developed a internet-based platform for marketing products and servicing customer accounts, Centrica said.
"(This) will provide our customers with more innovative and efficient energy options and also gives Direct Energy a leading online platform as we look to grow our North American customer base," said President and CEO of Direct Energy Badar Khan.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East