Ethiopian Airlines Dreamliner was parked for 8 hours before fire
ADDIS ABABA, July 12
ADDIS ABABA, July 12 (Reuters) - Ethiopian Airlines said on Friday smoke was detected coming from its aircraft with registration number ET-AOP after it had been parked at Britain's Heathrow airport for more than eight hours.
"The aircraft was empty when the incident was observed. The cause of the incident is under investigation by all concerned," the airline said in a brief statement on its Boeing 787 Dreamliner that caught fire.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source