Cost cuts help Elisa's profit to beat expectations
HELSINKI, July 12
HELSINKI, July 12 (Reuters) - Finnish telecom operator Elisa reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly operating profit after cost cuts helped it offset the impact of price competition among Europe's mobile phone and internet service providers.
Elisa on Friday reported its second-quarter earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were flat from a year earlier at 122 million euros ($159 million).
Analysts on average expected a fall to 117 million euros, according to a Reuters poll.
($1 = 0.7668 euros) (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |