Infosys Q1 net profit up 3.7 pct, meets estimates
July 12 (Reuters) - Infosys, India's second-largest software services exporter, posted a 3.7 percent year-on-year increase in its first-quarter net profit, matching estimates, after contract wins and foreign exchange gains boosted earnings.
Consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June 30 rose to 23.74 billion rupees from 22.89 billion rupees in the same year-ago period, Bangalore-based Infosys said on Friday.
The profit compares with the 23.3 billion rupee average of 18 analyst estimates according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S for the company, whose customers include Bank of America, BT Group, Procter & Gamble Co and Volkswagen AG.
Infosys also maintained its forecast for 6-10 percent revenue growth for the current 2013/14 financial year.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |